We welcome those new to the sport and encourage all efforts to “grow the game” in Charlotte and surrounding areas.
Never Played Before?
- Try a Beginner Clinic or Camp
- Play for your school in the fall season.
- Connect us with your PE Teacher - we will come to your school.
- Email email@example.com for general info.
You've done our leagues and are ready for more of a challenge?
- Take an intermediate clinic or camp.
- Participate in Ambush Academy - for the intermediate athlete with optional travel
- Tryout for Elite Travel Teams .
- Take private or small group lessons.
- Play for your school team.
NEW to Charlotte?
What schools have field hockey?
I'm an adult who wants to get involved.
What equipment do I need?
- I want to be on travel team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Travel Teams.
- I want to play for my school. Email visit Interscholastic Teams.
- I've never played before. Register for a camp or clinic.
- Email email@example.com or visit Interscholastic Schools Page. Note - there are other schools that have field hockey other than what is listed on this page. Let us help you find a field hockey school.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in...
- playing in our pick up adult games.
- Coaching a rec league team.
- Coaching a travel team.
- Beginner's need mouth guard and shin guards. You can borrow sticks at our clinics and camps, but will need your own stick when you're ready for our leagues.
- Turf Shoes - we recommend turf shoes versus cleats since cleats or NOT allowed on Bessant Field - our world-class water-based turf field.
- Indoor? - You need gloves and an indoor stick.
- Interscholastic Team? - Don't forget goggles for the school season.
- Visit aerialfieldhockey.com for all equipment needs. This is run by an Ambush family and the know the most about field hockey specific equipment.