Getting Started with College Recruiting
It is important that you go to EACH website of schools you are interested in and complete their Recruit Questionnaire. You can find this on their field hockey page of the school website.
Player Profiles on Ambush Site - Email Terry@charlotteambush.com a link when you've completed your player profile. The summer is when we work with our Ambush Interns to update our player profile page and individual profiles. Elite & Select members look for an email from Ambush during the summer.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Emails for your profiles should all match the email you used to set up your USFHA membership account.
Links to Profiles that need to be completed
DO NOT pay for the extra services if they email or call you. Create a Free profile on this site.
This profile is also free and links to many college recruiting questionaries.
MAX FIELD HOCKEY
More for exposure and potential honors.
New recruiting site - don't pay extra. This is our new main profile page coaches are using.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to HUDL. This is a video software editing program we have purchased for all to use.
Short and Sweet is best.
Look through Samples: http://charlotteambush.flywheelsites.com/players-commits/
- Intro, link to profile/video, Tournament, Club team name, Jersey Number and Schedule.
- Subject: NAME, GRAD YEAR, TOURNAMENT or NAME & Something interesting
- Send to all coaches on staff, not just the head coach
- When just getting started - send through NCSA to help keep the process simple. As you develop a good list of contacts, start to send through your personal emails. If you see they don’t open the email, then you can research their individual addresses and email directly.
- List of Schools: https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Field-Hockey/PLAYERS/College/Team-Websites
- Rankings of programs: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/fieldhockey/d1/nfhca-coaches (This is DI, DII and DIII can be found on the same page)
- Use your NCSA profile tools - college search function and recruiting tutorials
- In The Zone Field Hockey - Recruiting services and training videos
Ambush Role, Parent Role, Player Role
Ambush: Workshops provided twice a year and recruiting coordinators are available as requested - Set up a meeting. You need to reach out to us! In our workshops and emails - we will give you all the tools you need to move through this process. Please do not be shy in reaching out and asking questions, sending us your list when interested.
Parent: Support and guide your athlete - this should be their process. Yes - you will have to remind them to do things, but don’t do it for them.
Player: be active and consistent in sending your emails and updating your videos but main focus should be on getting better.